Among the world's most valuable commercial species, tuna are fished in over 70 countries worldwide, and marketed in fresh, frozen, or canned form.
Japan and the United States are the largest consumers of tuna, using about 36 percent and 31 percent, respectively, of the world's catch.
For finished product, brands rely on Tri Marine.
Finished Product Services
- evaluate sourcing alternatives
- prequailfy the plant
- source the raw material
- assist in plant and sample approval
- assist in supervising production and approving production codes
- manage production schedules and shipment logistics
- provide working capital support for the entire supply chain.
Origin and Market
Tri Marine focuses on the needs of the leading brands of tuna.
Tuna brands benefit from Tri Marines global network offices, fishing boats and tuna processing plants.
Tri Marine acts as an extension of the brand's own Quality Assurance and procurement resources. We are there in the plants with our own people to watch the production and to make sure that all specifications are being met.
For selected brands, Tri Marine is able to structure the supply chain to minimize inventory levels and to maximize the financial benefits to the brands.